Career Counseling and Coaching
Alumni may use the resources of Career Services at no charge. Depending upon the needs of the individual, services may include one-on-one sessions and the appropriate career assessments.
Job Search Resources
Alumni may register and access the Menlo College CareerLink, our online job posting system, whether looking for their first job after graduation or a job change later in their career.
Careers, Organization, Industry Research
Information is available through many sources on careers in general, specific organizations and industries. The Bowman Library also provides journal, magazine, and newspaper articles and online resources about careers, organizations, and industry.
- Bowman Library – Class Resources for MGT 120 Career Management in the Workplace
Resume Writing & Cover Letters
Periodically throughout a career and before beginning a job search, individuals should update his/her resume and collect measurable evidence of success. Alumni may make an appointment to have a resume and cover letter reviewed or have their resume reviewed by phone or email.
- Preparation - How to Write A Resume
- Chronological Resume Example
- Functional/Skills-based Resume Example
- Cover Letter Example
- How to Write an Accomplishment Statement
- Action Verbs
- "Cool Jobs" Exercise - Discovering what you want to do and who the Employer is looking for.
Alumni may learn about and practice interview skills online 24/7 from any computer. To access the program, please contact Career Services.
- Job Interview Questions provides general information about the interview process and specific questions that are typically asked.
- Big Interview - a web-based interview program to record, video, save and ask for feedback for Menlo College students.
Alumni are encouraged to create and maintain a LinkedIn profile and join the Menlo College Alumni Council. Alumni are welcome to attend events throughout the year on and off campus. “Like” Menlo College and Menlo College Career Services Facebook pages to stay in the loop.
- LinkedIn Menlo College Alumni Group
- Tips for building your LinkedIn Profile (coming soon)
- Menlo College Facebook page
- Menlo College Career Services Facebook page
Alumni pursuing graduate degrees should research their targeted schools to understand the deadlines and application process. The majority of graduate schools require a graduate school exam as part of the admission process.
- Graduate school directory
- GMAT – Business Graduate School exam
- GRE – Psychology Graduate School exam
- LSAT - Law School Admissions Test
- CBEST - California Basic Educational Skills Test (California Teaching credential)
Hire a Menlo Student
Post an internship or job on Menlo CareerLink, our online job posting system used by our students and Alumni. Contact Career Services to learn more about our “Just-in-time” Recruiting Program and discover how you can connect with students through clubs and faculty.